Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Om Narayan <om...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/06 22:46:07 UTC

IOException Broken pipe

This is probably not directly related to HttpClient module, but I am getting the following IOException, and am hoping that someone maybe able to enlighten me. It is not consistent, so makes it harder to track down. Thanks.

Om.

DEBUG Thread-1 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection -
HttpConnection: Exception while writing data
java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:83)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.write(HttpConnection.java:7
53)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.write(HttpConnection.java:7
14)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.print(HttpConnection.java:8
31)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpCon
nectionAdapter.print(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:661)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequestHeaders(HttpMet
hodBase.java:2056)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase
.java:1991)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.processRequest(HttpMethodBa
se.java:2282)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java
:960)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:5
78)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:4
77)

Re: IOException Broken pipe

Posted by Om Narayan <om...@hotmail.com>.
Sorry, I don't think the server-side has anything to do with it since it is
not being used for receiving data. It must have worked because I used the
beta 1 release.

Om.

Re: IOException Broken pipe

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.