Posted to user@spark.apache.org by UMESH CHAUDHARY <um...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/28 08:48:13 UTC

Heatmap with Spark Streaming

I have just started using Spark Streaming and done few POCs. It is fairly
easy to implement. I was thinking of presenting the data using some smart
graphing & dashboarding tools e.g. Graphite or Grafna, but they don't have
heat-maps. I also looked at Zeppelin <http://zeppelin-project.org/> , but
unable to found any heat-map functionality. Could you please suggest any
data visualization tools using Heat-map and Spark streaming.

Re: Heatmap with Spark Streaming

Posted by Tathagata Das <td...@databricks.com>.
I do suggest that the non-spark related discussions be taken to a different
this forum as it does not directly contribute to the contents of this user
list.

Posted by Mohammed Guller <mo...@glassbeam.com>.
Umesh,
You can create a web-service in any of the languages supported by Spark and stream the result from this web-service to your D3-based client using Websocket or Server-Sent Events.

For example, you can create a webservice using Play. This app will integrate with Spark streaming in the back-end. The front-end can be a D3-based or any Javascript app.  Play makes it easy to stream data to a web client. So a client does not need to continuously poll data from the back-end server.

Mohammed

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

Posted by UMESH CHAUDHARY <um...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.