Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by aappddeevv <aa...@verizon.net> on 2010/07/01 05:12:20 UTC

MigLayout port

I did a quick port of miglayout to pivot.  The attached zip has the ported
files and the graphics are examples of the output using it. Obviously,
TableView can do all of this as well, however, miglayout has some nice
platform-specific defaults for spacing and gaps. As always, getting layouts
right still takes too much effort.

The debug option does not work. It would be nice to know if it works okay in
web deployment.  It was only lightly tested in the desktop deployment model.

Re: MigLayout port

Posted by Noel Grandin <no...@gmail.com>.
 Nice!

-- Noel Grandin

RE: MigLayout port

Posted by aappddeevv <aa...@verizon.net>.
I did try that but it did not work on the first try so I gave up for now.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

RE: MigLayout port

Posted by aappddeevv <aa...@verizon.net>.
Its dependent on an external library so I would think that it should not be
part of pivot. I'll pass it to the miglayout project but wanted to get it
out there for use and shake it out. I don't know if the javafx version is
part of the standard distribution yet.

Issues to go production ready:

1)       "Debug" support: I could not figure out how to draw the red boxes
correctly around the debug rectangles.

2)      Component layout direction: Component ordering (left to right, right
to left) so I made the default left to right but I could not figure out if
pivot has the same concept from which I could set the default on a per
component basis.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.