Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Morley <ch...@depahelix.com> on 2015/06/01 21:39:54 UTC

Multiple Word Synonyms with Autophrasing

Hello everyone @ solr-user,

 At Wayfair, I have implemented multiple word synonyms in a clean and
efficient way in conjunction with with a slightly modified version of the
LucidWorks' Autophrasing plugin by also tacking on a modified version of
edismax.  It is not released or on use on our public website yet, but it
will be very soon.  While it is not ready to officially open source yet, I
know some people out there are anxious to implement this type of thing.
Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in learning about how
to theoretically accomplish this on your own.  Note that while this may
have some concepts in common with Named Entity Recognition implementations,
I think it really is a completely different thing.  I get a lot of spam, so
if you please, would you write me privately your questions with the subject
line being "MWSwA" so I can easily compile everyone's questions about this.
 I will respond to everyone at some point soon with some beta documentation
or possibly with an invitation to a private github or something so that you
can review an example.

 Thanks!
 -Chris.