Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Julianne Weekers <ju...@prentice.uq.edu.au> on 1998/02/18 08:53:57 UTC

config/1828: ResourceConfig option ignored by VirtualHost config

>Number:         1828
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       ResourceConfig option ignored by VirtualHost config
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I cannot get the Virtual Host config to use a different ResourceConfig
from the main one.  The option just seems to be ignored.
No errors are generated.

I can successfully use this option outside of the VirtualHost config,
if I cut and paste the same line.
>How-To-Repeat:
Just run up a server with a VirtualHost entry and try to specify
a Resourceconfig within it.
eg:

<VirtualHost 130.102.300.300>
ResourceConfig conf/virtualsrm.conf
ServerName www.test.com.au
ServerAdmin root
DocumentRoot /home/julianne
ErrorLog logs/test_error_log
TransferLog logs/test_access_log
</VirtualHost>

The thing I'm trying to avoid is having the Alias entries in the main
config apply to the VirtualHosts.  It is an easy test if you have the main
one with an aliase and the virtual file without it and see if you can
get the alias to fail on the virtual address.