Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Ru, Yanbo" <yr...@business.com> on 2009/06/16 22:16:29 UTC

Announcing CloudBase-1.3.1 release

Hi,

We have released 1.3.1 version of CloudBase on sourceforge-
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloudbase

CloudBase is a data warehouse system for Terabyte & Petabyte scale analytics. It is built on top of Map-Reduce architecture. It allows you to query flat log files using ANSI SQL.

Please give it a try and send us your feedback.

Thanks,

Yanbo

Release notes -

New Features:
* CREATE CSV tables - One can create tables on top of data in CSV (Comma Separated Values) format and query them using SQL. Current implementation doesn't accept CSV records which span multiple lines. Data may not be processed correctly if a field contains embedded line-breaks. Please visit http://cloudbase.sourceforge.net/index.html#userDoc for detailed specification of the CSV format.

Bug fixes:
* Aggregate function 'AVG' returns the same value as 'SUM' function
* If a query has multiple aliases, only the last alias works

Re: Announcing CloudBase-1.3.1 release

Posted by Tarandeep Singh <ta...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 6:33 PM, zsongbo <zs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How about the index of CloudBase?

CloudBase has support for Hash Indexing. We have tested it with our
production data and found it very useful specially if you want to index on
Date column and later want to query on specific dates or date ranges.

I have explained indexing in details here-
http://www.mail-archive.com/core-user@hadoop.apache.org/msg10708.html

In CloudBase-1.3 release, Update index was added so you can keep your index
up to date with data additions.

Let us know if you want to know more.

Thanks,
Tarandeep