Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Novotny <no...@gridsphere.org> on 2006/11/01 19:36:22 UTC

including a jsp outside of tomcat directory

Hi,

    I have something like a content management webapp where I want to
keep a directory on the filesystem containing markup fragments (JSP and
HTML). Ideally I'd like this directory to be outside of my webapp, so
that users could simply drop in a new WAR without blowing away the
content directory.
    Unfortunately I see that if I use the RequestDispatcher.include
mechanism to include a file not in the webapp, it doesn't work-- are
there any workarounds available?

    Thanks, Jason