Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Gershaw, Geoffrey" <ge...@credit-suisse.com> on 2013/03/05 14:36:46 UTC

Redundant Camel Applications

Hello All,

I am using  Camel primarily for distributing Market Data from the
quickfixj component. If the instance of camel goes down, I would like a
second instance of Camel on another box/datacenter to take over.

I have seen a solution that centered around acquiring a lock on table in
a DB, just wanted to see if there was anything baked into camel or other
solutions

Thanks for your time

Geoffrey A Gershaw

Re: Redundant Camel Applications

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Apache Karaf / ServiceMix offers this out of the box.

Sent from a mobile device

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@evosent.com>.
You could leverage the Apache ZooKeeper - Camel integration to elect a
master using ZooKeeper.

Check out this post: http://www.systemmobile.com/?p=399.

Regards,
Raúl.

Posted by boday <be...@initekconsulting.com>.
couple of options...if you want to use ActiveMQ as your deployment container,
then you can use its master/slave HA setup
(http://activemq.apache.org/shared-file-system-master-slave.html)

otherwise, see this article for a camel specific implementation:

http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2011/1/11/Hot+Standby+failover+for+Apache+Camel+routes

Gershaw, Geoffrey wrote
> Hello All,
>

> I am using  Camel primarily for distributing Market Data from the
> quickfixj component. If the instance of camel goes down, I would like a
> second instance of Camel on another box/datacenter to take over.
>

> I have seen a solution that centered around acquiring a lock on table in
> a DB, just wanted to see if there was anything baked into camel or other
> solutions
>

> Thanks for your time
>

> Geoffrey A Gershaw

> communications disclaimer: