Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/08/03 04:49:02 UTC

[vote] accept HARMONY-935 as our implementation of math

I figure we should make it a clear vote thread so people don't miss it.

Lots of great work has been done on this subject by many people showing
great community spirit, collaboration and teamwork, and it's time to
bring it to closure.

There has been much discussion, but the relevant thread to peruse has
the subject :

   [classlib][java.math] combination of math packages

[ ] +1 Accept Harmony-935 as Harmony's math implementation
[ ] 0  No opinion
[ ] -1 Against accepting Harmony-935 as Harmony's math implementation

geir

Re: [vote] accept HARMONY-935 as our implementation of math

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
+1

2006/8/3, Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@intel.com>:
> +1
>
> a good example of true collaboration
>
> Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-935
>
> > Lots of great work has been done on this subject by many people showing
> > great community spirit, collaboration and teamwork, and it's time to
> > bring it to closure.
> >
> > There has been much discussion, but the relevant thread to peruse has
> > the subject :
> >
> >    [classlib][java.math] combination of math packages

Alexey A. Petrenko
Intel Middleware Products Division

Re: [vote] accept HARMONY-935 as our implementation of math

Posted by Salikh Zakirov <Sa...@Intel.com>.
+1

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
+1 (Though I've voted on this topic on a different thread)

Posted by Vladimir Gorr <vv...@gmail.com>.
+1

I'm glad it happened. For now this package will contain all the best from
two previous contributions for java.math.

Thanks,
Vladimir.

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
Hi Geir!

do you think a day or two is over? :)

Thanks,
Mikhail

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
+1

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
+1

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> I figure we should make it a clear vote thread so people don't miss it.
>
> Lots of great work has been done on this subject by many people showing
> great community spirit, collaboration and teamwork, and it's time to
> bring it to closure.
>
> There has been much discussion, but the relevant thread to peruse has
> the subject :
>
>    [classlib][java.math] combination of math packages
>

> [ ] +1 Accept Harmony-935 as Harmony's math implementation
> [ ] 0  No opinion
> [ ] -1 Against accepting Harmony-935 as Harmony's math implementation
>

> geir

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)
IBM Java technology centre, UK.

Re: [vote] accept HARMONY-935 as our implementation of math

Posted by Stepan Mishura <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

-Stepan.

Posted by Oliver Deakin <ol...@googlemail.com>.
+1

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:

> I figure we should make it a clear vote thread so people don't miss it.
>
> Lots of great work has been done on this subject by many people showing
> great community spirit, collaboration and teamwork, and it's time to
> bring it to closure.
>
> There has been much discussion, but the relevant thread to peruse has
> the subject :
>
>    [classlib][java.math] combination of math packages
>

> [ ] +1 Accept Harmony-935 as Harmony's math implementation
> [ ] 0  No opinion
> [ ] -1 Against accepting Harmony-935 as Harmony's math implementation
>

> geir

Oliver Deakin
IBM United Kingdom Limited

Re: [vote] accept HARMONY-935 as our implementation of math

Posted by Mikhail Fursov <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1

ps.
Waiting for official benchmarking results now :)

On 8/3/06, Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Nice work!
>
> -Mark.
>
> On 2 August 2006 at 22:49, Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-935
> >

> > I figure we should make it a clear vote thread so people don't miss it.
> >
> > Lots of great work has been done on this subject by many people showing
> > great community spirit, collaboration and teamwork, and it's time to
> > bring it to closure.
> >
> > There has been much discussion, but the relevant thread to peruse has
> > the subject :
> >
> >    [classlib][java.math] combination of math packages
> >

> > [ ] +1 Accept Harmony-935 as Harmony's math implementation
> > [ ] 0  No opinion
> > [ ] -1 Against accepting Harmony-935 as Harmony's math implementation
> >

> > geir

Mikhail Fursov

Re: [vote] accept HARMONY-935 as our implementation of math

Posted by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com>.
+1

[result] Re: [vote] accept HARMONY-935 as our implementation of math

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
As noted later w/o opposition, this was a lazy consensus vote, and there
was no opposition...

It was noted several times that this was a good example of collaboration
and teamwork :)

geir

Posted by Nathan Beyer <nb...@kc.rr.com>.
+1 - Good work; glad to see this all come together.

-Nathan