Posted to user@hive.apache.org by VanHuy Pham <hu...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/29 22:33:15 UTC

Thrift Server

Hi hive folks,
    Does hive thrift server support multiple requests from clients at the
same time?
    It looks like the server serves the request sequentially, which means
it processes each request one by one. Am I wrong here?
    I make two clients, which make two requests (select data) to two
different in hive; judging by the terminal screen of the hive server, it
processes one request, finishes it, and process the other.

Van

Re: Thrift Server

Posted by VanHuy Pham <hu...@gmail.com>.
Mark,
   JDBC does not talk to hive via thrift server. I shut down the thrift
server, JDBC still works. However, you might be right in the case of
non-local connection, or as they call "standalone mode".
Van

Re: Thrift Server

Posted by Mark Grover <mg...@oanda.com>.
Hi Ransom,