Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Gregory Vaughan <gv...@ameritech.net> on 2000/05/31 19:21:17 UTC

parsing DTDs containing parameter entities

I'm trying to use the xerces-c parser on a DTD containing parameter entities. I can obtain content specifications for element declarations using DTDElementDecl::getFormattedContentModel(),  but this seems to blow up on an element declaration containing a parameter entity reference -- it returns "ANY" as the content model for that element declaration, and for subsequent declarations.

Was wondering if anyone else noticed this problem.

Re: parsing DTDs containing parameter entities

Posted by Gregory Vaughan <gv...@ameritech.net>.
If I compile the "EnumVal" example and run it against the attached XML DTD, it reports "ANY" as the content model for the <from> and <to> elements

<from> is declared using a parameter entity
<to> is declared simply as (#PCDATA)

I've tried both the latest stable release and a recent nightly release

thanks

  Can you give a small example that exhibits this problem?

  --------------------------
  Dean Roddey
  The CIDLib Class Libraries
  Charmed Quark Software
  droddey@charmedquark.com
  http://www.charmedquark.com

  "Give me immortality, or give me death"

Posted by Joanne Bogart <jr...@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>.

--
Gregory,
There is no reason not to include plain text inline.  (And binary

                            Thanks,
                                    Joanne

Joanne Bogart
jrb@slac.stanford.edu