Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Erich L. Markert" <em...@pace.edu> on 2000/04/05 17:07:50 UTC

[OT] Standard country codes/names, where to get them?

I remember being able to download a text file (I think from W3C) that
contained a listing of international standard country names and codes
much like the U.S. Postal Service does for states.  I was able to find
an HTML document linked from W3C's web site but no text file.

Does anyone know a location that I can download a plain text version of
this from?

TIA.
Mr. Erich L. Markert                     emarkert@pace.edu
Computer Learning Center		 TEL (914)422-4328
Pace University
1 Martine Ave
White Plains, New York 10606-1932

                -- Henry Spencer

Re: [OT] Standard country codes/names, where to get them?

Posted by "Erich L. Markert" <em...@pace.edu>.
Steven Champeon wrote:

> I use:
>
>  ftp://ftp.ripe.net/iso3166-countrycodes

Much thanx to all those who wrote... The cleanest list I found was the
one Steve pointed out...

Posted by Steven Champeon <sc...@hesketh.com>.
On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Vivek Khera wrote:

> ELM> I remember being able to download a text file (I think from W3C) that
> ELM> contained a listing of international standard country names and codes
>
> Hmmm. I don't recall from where I got it.  I recall it being an ISO
> standard document.  But all I have left of it is a Perl module that
> just defines a hash mapping the country code to its full name.  It's
> only 6k long, so if anyone wants it, I'll post it.

I use:

 ftp://ftp.ripe.net/iso3166-countrycodes

HTH,
Steve

--
tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://hesketh.com/careers/>

Re: [OT] Standard country codes/names, where to get them?

Posted by Vivek Khera <kh...@kciLink.com>.

ELM> I remember being able to download a text file (I think from W3C) that
ELM> contained a listing of international standard country names and codes

Hmmm. I don't recall from where I got it.  I recall it being an ISO
standard document.  But all I have left of it is a Perl module that
just defines a hash mapping the country code to its full name.  It's
only 6k long, so if anyone wants it, I'll post it.

I guess you could recreate the text file from it easily enough ;-)

Internet: khera@kciLink.com       Rockville, MD       +1-301-545-6996
PGP & MIME spoken here            http://www.kciLink.com/home/khera/