Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@ids-scheer.com> on 2010/12/14 11:11:02 UTC

Inheritance and @Remotable

just a quick question: I want to factor out the basic CRUD methods in a
BasicSDOServiceInterface. A real service will extend this interface and
add some more methods, e. g. as in
    RealServiceInterface extends BasicSDOServiceInterface.

Now, some real services might be remotable, others should not be.
Therefore I do not want to add a @Remotable annotation to
BasicSDOServiceInterface.

If I annotate only the RealServiceInterface with @Remotable, I assume
that this annotation will apply to all the interface methods available in
RealServiceInterface, including the inherited ones from
BasicSDOServiceInterface. Is that assumption correct?

-- Sebastian

Re: Inheritance and @Remotable

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
Millies, Sebastian wrote:
> just a quick question: I want to factor out the basic CRUD methods in a
> BasicSDOServiceInterface. A real service will extend this interface and
> add some more methods, e. g. as in
>     RealServiceInterface extends BasicSDOServiceInterface.
>
> Now, some real services might be remotable, others should not be.
> Therefore I do not want to add a @Remotable annotation to
> BasicSDOServiceInterface.
>
> If I annotate only the RealServiceInterface with @Remotable, I assume
> that this annotation will apply to all the interface methods available in
> RealServiceInterface, including the inherited ones from
> BasicSDOServiceInterface. Is that assumption correct?
>
> -- Sebastian

Yes, it should work that way.  If it doesn't, it's a bug.

   Simon