Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Ryan Compton <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/08 05:54:40 UTC

Re: Bagel?

I'm interested in processing graphs with Spark. I'm able to do sbt/sbt
assembly and the process exits with success. I can find:

-bash-3.2$ find . | grep jar$ | grep -assembly-
./core/target/spark-core-assembly-0.7.3cdh3u3.jar
./streaming/target/spark-streaming-assembly-0.7.3cdh3u3.jar

I add these to my local Nexus repo, include them in my pom.xml, and
build/run distributed jobs just fine.

Now, how do I code up iterative graph algorithms? "sbt/sbt assembly"
didn't make a Bagel assembly.

Also, I can't find example code. The code here:
https://github.com/mesos/spark/wiki/Bagel-Programming-Guide has lots
of @serializable depreciation warnings and I can't find the ./run
script they are taking about at the bottom of this page:
http://spark-project.org/docs/latest/bagel-programming-guide.html

I get the impression that Bagel may be discontinued. I also noticed
some ads for something called "GraphX" on the BDAS website. Should I
be using GraphX instead?

Re: Bagel?

Posted by Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hmm, it's weird that it built two. It should just be spark-0.7.3/bagel/target.

Matei

Re: Bagel?

Posted by Ryan Compton <co...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bagel?