Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by 4p...@sneakemail.com on 2006/07/12 16:37:33 UTC

XML schema infos

Hello,

In short, I'd like to parse schema to analyse it and annotate it with custom data.

I plan to use the XercesDOMParser::loadGrammar() method for this to load the grammar, and then retreive the root XSModel object from the XMLGrammarPool I gave the parser's constructor.

So far so good. But I've two questions with this:

a) I need the file and line number where a certain schema component was defined - how do I get that? Is there some hook that I can use while the parser loads the grammar to store line number associations (I use a similar method with DOMNodes in XML documents)?

b) I need to associate information with the XSObjects that make up the schema. Apparently there is no user pointer, so how do I do that (don't want to use a std::map<XSObject*, MyAnno*>)?

Any clues?

Cheers,

Uwe

Protect yourself from spam,