Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Anand T <an...@hotmail.com> on 2001/09/21 23:46:29 UTC

configuring for xalan

I just installed tomcat 3.2.3 . My goal is to use xalan.
I heard  from my friends that they have wasted days trying to configure
tomcat and xalan together because of tomcat3.2.3 using some obsolate xml
parser.

Could somebody be kind enough to tell me once i install tomcat 3.2.3
---  what else should i download to be able to use xslt processor in
      my jsps (like xalan, xerces, jaxp i am not sure)
---  Any guide lines to configure them to work with tomcat?
---  Any place i can look for best practices on using xalan in jsp.

Thanks,
Anand

Re: configuring for xalan

Posted by Charles Yates <cy...@lanelib.stanford.edu>.
Just a suggestion, but Tomcat 4.0 has more sophisticated class
parser in your webapp. 4.0 was just released this week.

Charles