Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Cyril Bogus <cy...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/19 18:40:55 UTC

Hadoop Query Result

So I am trying to run a mahout clustering and whenever hadoop is doing the
map reduce I get the following error

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: WritableName can't load
class: QueryResult
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.getValueClass(SequenceFile.java:1673)
    at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.init(SequenceFile.java:1613)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1486)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1475)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Reader.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1470)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.SequenceFileRecordReader.initialize(SequenceFileRecordReader.java:50)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewTrackingRecordReader.initialize(MapTask.java:522)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:763)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1121)

When I do import with sqoop or run simple queries on the hdfs everything
runs fine but whenever I run mahout and hadoop is called I get that error.

I am running hadoop with a three nodes cluster. But even when I change it
to juster the master node I still get the same error.

Any insight on this error.

Hadoop 1.0.4
Mahout 0.7
Sqoop1.4.2-hadoop-1.0.0

Thank you for the reply in advance.

Re: Hadoop Query Result

Posted by Thara T A <th...@yahoo.com>.
I have faced the same problem and could solve it.

QueryResult is the java class which is generated automatically while
importing from sqoop that will be there in your machine. compile the file
and make the jar and add to the classpath. Then try it. It will work

Re: Hadoop Query Result

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Whatever class QueryResult is, your MR job needs its jar to be able to
read the SequenceFile as the classname is embedded in it. Passing
along its implementing jar will solve the problem.

--
Harsh J

Re: Hadoop Query Result

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.