Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by KÖLL Claus <C....@TIROL.GV.AT> on 2006/05/29 07:03:46 UTC

Model 3 Deployment - WebDAV Client

Hi everybody,

I have one newbie question .. :-) ,i want to deploy jackrabbit as model 3 (repository server)
With the RemoteRepository over rmi it works fine but i have read that the implentation is not very speedy :-)
On the website there is the info about the transport layer like ..
"Popular choices might include RMI over JRMP or IIOP or WebDAV and its extensions."
So i dont know the functionality of the jackrabbit-jcr-client-1.0.jar <http://mirror.deri.at/apache/jackrabbit/binaries/jackrabbit-jcr-client-1.0.jar> . I dont know how i can connect to a remote
repositopry over webdav with this client implementation. There are some Webdav client Methods but i haven't found some sample code ..
Maybe there is someone out there who can explain me the possibilitys for clients to connect to a remote repository ..

thanks lot
claus