Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Paloma Gomez <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/30 16:18:28 UTC

[1.4]: Resource types presentation and interaction with the user

Hi all,

I have implemented a custom resource type as a module in Lenya 1.4.
Basically it displays some data retrieved from a database. I  provide
a default view of the data but I would also like to provide the users
the option of filtering the data according to some criteria.

Looking at the logs it seems that at some point the document request
(<my-pub>/<area>/<my-resource-type-doc>.html) gets replaced by
something like this: modules/<my-module-name>/<my-module-name>.xml
which is what gets handled by the module sitemap.

This makes me think that there is no way to pass request parameters to
the module sitemap, but I'm not sure. If this is true, I would like to
know if there is another way of doing it.

TIA,

Paloma

Re: [1.4]: Resource types presentation and interaction with the user

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Paloma Gomez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have implemented a custom resource type as a module in Lenya 1.4.
> Basically it displays some data retrieved from a database. I  provide
> a default view of the data but I would also like to provide the users
> the option of filtering the data according to some criteria.
>
> Looking at the logs it seems that at some point the document request
> (<my-pub>/<area>/<my-resource-type-doc>.html) gets replaced by
> something like this: modules/<my-module-name>/<my-module-name>.xml
> which is what gets handled by the module sitemap.
>
> This makes me think that there is no way to pass request parameters to
> the module sitemap, but I'm not sure. If this is true, I would like to
> know if there is another way of doing it.

Actually the original request parameters should be available in
the module sitemap as well.

-- Andreas

Re: [1.4]: Resource types presentation and interaction with the user

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.

Paloma Gomez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have implemented a custom resource type as a module in Lenya 1.4.
> Basically it displays some data retrieved from a database. I  provide
> a default view of the data but I would also like to provide the users
> the option of filtering the data according to some criteria.
>
> Looking at the logs it seems that at some point the document request
> (<my-pub>/<area>/<my-resource-type-doc>.html) gets replaced by
> something like this: modules/<my-module-name>/<my-module-name>.xml
> which is what gets handled by the module sitemap.
Yes, This should be the request for {resource-type:format-xhtml} in your
publications sitemap that makes this subrequest.  As far as I know the
original request parameters are still available to the subrequest as
long as it is a internal sitemap request (cocoon://, cocoon:/).

> This makes me think that there is no way to pass request parameters to
> the module sitemap, but I'm not sure. If this is true, I would like to
> know if there is another way of doing it.
It should work (if the resource type format resolves to a cocoon:// source).

--Doug