Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Mathews, Silvy (HQP)" <Si...@rhii.com> on 2001/01/25 19:26:27 UTC

Problem in Running some demo

I am new to this area. I wanted to set up one webservice example. I have
configured SOAP-2.0, xerces-1.2.3, jakarta-tomcat3.2.1. I am able to run one
client application which runs in my machine. But when I try to connect
across the internet I get the following error.
Could any one know how to solve this problem. I remember someone mentioning
connecting across the internet through proxy server requires some additional
set up.
Thanks in advance.
-silvy

C:\Demo1>java Client
 invoke service
 URL= http://www.xmethods.net:80/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
<http://www.xmethods.net:80/soap/servlet/rpcrouter>
 URN= urn:xmethods-CurrencyExchange
 SOAPException= SOAP-ENV:Client,error opening socket: Operation timed out:
no further information

C:\Demo1>