Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Philip Durbin <ph...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/23 22:30:37 UTC

Does JaCoCo 0.8.2 break NetBeans code coverage?

Please see https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/5483 and
https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/issues/772 for details but downgrading
to JaCoCo 0.8.1 seems to get code coverage working again. Has anyone else
observed this problem? Is there a ticket tracking this?

Thanks!

Phil

Re: Does JaCoCo 0.8.2 break NetBeans code coverage?

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
First time I hear about it. Since the comment mentions a simple XML change
perhaps we can do a PR?

--emi

--
--emi

Re: Does JaCoCo 0.8.2 break NetBeans code coverage?

Posted by Philip Durbin <ph...@gmail.com>.
Pasting my comment on https://github.com/jacoco/jacoco/issues/772

@emilianbold yes, @samuel-barbosa was also using NetBeans 8.2. Thank you
for the insight on the code. It looks like the fix (making NetBeans less
strict) was made at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/commit/399b124dcc6d2eeeee938447174d37f41d1c56d9#diff-1cc461bde39d5cd90860e714737a0b60
for NetBeans 9.0 but had more to do with legal issues (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-853 ) than any breakage.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip Durbin <ph...@gmail.com>.