Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net> on 2005/05/29 17:25:43 UTC

Re: [Proposal] remove views from forrest (Re: Views as a Domain Specific Language)

On Dom, 29 de Mayo de 2005, 8:22, Thorsten Scherler dijo:

<snip/>

>> So in conclusion, I agree with Gregors concerns, but I also agree with
>> the direction Thorsten is trying to go in.
>>

> Actually that is the reason why I am proposing that forrest is *not*
> officially developing views anymore. I do not see that it get accepted
> better said it is causing confusion and concerns by user. I happily
> remove all code regarding views from forrest if the forrest pmc will
> positively vote for it.
>
> If this happens I will open an OS-project and develop it elsewhere. I
> will provide in such a project support for lenya and forrest but this
> would be independently from both projects.
>
> Forrest can keep on using skins with all the downside that they have
> (see the recent threads on user/dev). They are accepted. ;-)

What are you talking about? Thorsten, please don't take it too personal!

People can comment about the work you are doing. Unfortunately, I don't
had time to check you current work.

3 lessons I learned:

1-Don't get angry when people do bad comments about your work. AFAIK, only
people that do nothing, never makes mistakes!. ;-)

I know how frustating is when you spended a lot of hours in a job and then
somebody told you this is not good. Please, next time, better breath a bit
and wait until you are OK, before answering. ;-) --> Pollo Alemán!

2-I will suggest you to finish the job and then show us how easy or
dificult it is.

3-Keep the user interface in mind all the time.

I remember you told me about this since last year. I still believe the
idea is good.

So please don't call unnecesary votes before it is needed. ok? ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Re: [Proposal] remove views from forrest (Re: Views as a Domain Specific Language)

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 10:25 -0500, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> On Dom, 29 de Mayo de 2005, 8:22, Thorsten Scherler dijo:
>
> <snip/>
>
> >> So in conclusion, I agree with Gregors concerns, but I also agree with
> >> the direction Thorsten is trying to go in.
> >>

> > Actually that is the reason why I am proposing that forrest is *not*
> > officially developing views anymore. I do not see that it get accepted
> > better said it is causing confusion and concerns by user. I happily
> > remove all code regarding views from forrest if the forrest pmc will
> > positively vote for it.
> >
> > If this happens I will open an OS-project and develop it elsewhere. I
> > will provide in such a project support for lenya and forrest but this
> > would be independently from both projects.
> >
> > Forrest can keep on using skins with all the downside that they have
> > (see the recent threads on user/dev). They are accepted. ;-)
>
> What are you talking about? Thorsten, please don't take it too personal!

Sorry, it really seems I did. But no, I thought that this would maybe
the best.

> People can comment about the work you are doing.

Yeah, you are right.

> Unfortunately, I don't
> had time to check you current work.
>
> 3 lessons I learned:
>
> 1-Don't get angry when people do bad comments about your work. AFAIK, only
> people that do nothing, never makes mistakes!. ;-)
>
> I know how frustating is when you spended a lot of hours in a job and then
> somebody told you this is not good. Please, next time, better breath a bit
> and wait until you are OK, before answering. ;-) --> Pollo Alemán!

Muchas gracias, killo y tienes razón. I reckon it was really the
frustration about not being able to describe what I am trying to do,
more then the comment itself.

> 2-I will suggest you to finish the job and then show us how easy or
> dificult it is.

Actually it is working like Diwaker stated in some of his mails but it
needs some polishing to really be finished, there you are right.

> 3-Keep the user interface in mind all the time.

:)

You are right and actually that is what I personally consider the
easiest part of the views.

> I remember you told me about this since last year. I still believe the
> idea is good.

Cheers, yeah the weeks living with you have been really valuable for the
design and implementation of the views. Thanks again.

> So please don't call unnecesary votes before it is needed. ok? ;-)

Yeah, I understood. Thanks for the feedback.

> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.

salu2
--