Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by escalera <jo...@cols.name> on 2010/10/24 14:34:04 UTC

Spammassassin is slow on poll_dns_idle and tests_pri_500 tests

Hello:
Fol all messages, spamassassin takes 14++ seconds. Version: 3.3.1
(2010-03-16)
Debuging it, the times are:
Oct 24 14:03:20 email spamd[22477]: timing: total 14237 ms -
read_scoreonly_config: 4 (0.0%),
signal_user_changed: 6 (0.0%),
parse: 6 (0.0%),
extract_message_metadata: 80 (0.6%),
get_uri_detail_list: 6 (0.0%),
tests_pri_-1000: 5 (0.0%),
tests_pri_-950: 2 (0.0%),
tests_pri_-900: 2 (0.0%),
tests_pri_-400: 2 (0.0%),
tests_pri_0: 327 (2.3%),
check_dkim_signature: 2 (0.0%),
check_dkim_adsp: 52 (0.4%),
check_spf: 52 (0.4%),
poll_dns_idle: 13355 (93.8%),
check_dcc: 1.14 (0.0%),
check_pyzor: 0.18 (0.0%),
tests_pri_500: 13329 (93.6%),
tests_pri_1000: 8 (0.1%),
 total_awl: 6 (0.0%),
check_awl: 0.54 (0.0%),
update_awl: 0.24 (0.0%),
learn: 390 (2.7%),
rewrite_mail: 2 (0.0%),
copy_config: 53 (0.4%)
.
As you can see, the most time is on poll_dns_idle and tests_pri_500 tests.
Any idea that what appends?
How to dissable those tests?
.
Any suggestion will be wellcome
.
Regards

Re: Spammassassin is slow on poll_dns_idle and tests_pri_500 tests

Posted by escalera <jo...@cols.name>.
Thanks
This solved my problem.

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
> On Sunday 24 October 2010 14:34:04 escalera wrote:
> > Fol all messages, spamassassin takes 14++ seconds. Version: 3.3.1
> > Debuging it, the times are:

> > poll_dns_idle: 13355 (93.8%),

> > As you can see, the most time is on poll_dns_idle and tests_pri_500 tests.
> > Any idea that what appends?
> > How to dissable those tests?

do not disable them, they are very effective, at least DNS tests.
Do you use local caching DNS server?

On 25.10.10 14:53, Mark Martinec wrote:
> The poll_dns_idle is just a state where SpamAssassin is waiting for
> DNS replies to come in or a timeout to expire. Apparently at least
> some (if not all) of your DNS queries are not being answered.
> Typically these are RBS or URIDNSBL tests, so perhaps one of the
> queried black/white-lists is down, or some perhaps there is a
> DNS resolver problem at your site.
>
> The 14+ (15) seconds timeout comes from your 'rbl_timeout' setting.
> You may decrease this value, perhaps down to 6 seconds, if your
> DNS resolving is otherwise reasonably fast.

if it would be fast, it would not take that long ;)

Fucking windows! Bring Bill Gates! (Southpark the movie)

Re: Spammassassin is slow on poll_dns_idle and tests_pri_500 tests

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.