Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Ligade, Shailesh [USA]" <Li...@bah.com> on 2022/01/21 13:19:18 UTC

issue with OS user using shell

Heo,

When a regular OS user use shell command, looks like that OS user needs access to accumulo log directory. Othewise it throws FileNotFound exception for the log file (tserver/monitor/master/gc/tracer - all the log files)

if i user OS root user or OS accumulo user (user who runs accumulo) there is no issue with shell command.

I obviously don't want to open log directory for all OS users or turn off shell logging. Is there a way around it? I didn't see shell command option for accepting any log4j.conf so that just for shell I can use a different file..

Thanks

-S

Re: issue with OS user using shell

Posted by Mike Miller <mm...@apache.org>.
You can set Java -D options in the accumulo-env.sh script.

Posted by "Ligade, Shailesh [USA]" <Li...@bah.com>.

Posted by dev1 <de...@etcoleman.com>.