Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by newsletter <ne...@energyts.com> on 2009/06/03 01:31:31 UTC

fonts in linux

Hi all
We have recently moved from a windows to a Linux platform and we have
noticed that the default fonts seem to have changed. Is there any way of
setting them that same as on the windows system. we are using tomcat5 on
centos.

cheers

Re: fonts in linux

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: fonts in linux

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: newsletter [mailto:newsletter@energyts.com]
> Subject: fonts in linux
>
> We have recently moved from a windows to a Linux platform and we have
> noticed that the default fonts seem to have changed. Is there any way
> of setting them that same as on the windows system. we are using tomcat5
> on centos.

Do you really mean fonts?  Or are you actually referring to the default language and character set?

Let's presume the latter, since the former makes little sense.  You might want to read the FAQ on the subject:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/CharacterEncoding

If you really are referring to the fonts, that's under control of the browser, not the server.  A web page can supply font suggestions (frequently by use of a style sheet), but it's the browser that actually decides what font to display text in.

 - Chuck

RE: fonts in linux

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
//here is 1 style excerpted from styles/form.css
/* A CSS Framework by Mike Stenhouse of Content with Style */
/* FORM ELEMENTS */
    form {
        margin:0;
        padding:0;
    }

//import of forms.css from /styles/main.css
@import url(layout-navtop-localleft.css);
@import url(layout.css);
@import url(forms.css);
@import url(typo.css);
@import url(tools.css);

WEB-INF/decorators.xml contains patterns to exclude

<!-- SiteMesh filter reads these patterns for files/folders to exclude -->
<decorators defaultdir="/WEB-INF/decorators.xml">
    <!-- Any urls that are excluded will never be decorated by Sitemesh -->
    <excludes>
        <pattern>/debug.jsp</pattern>
        <pattern>/styles/*</pattern>
        <!-- pattern>/scripts/*</pattern -->
        <pattern>/images/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/dojo/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/struts/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/ajax/AjaxResult*</pattern>
        <pattern>/AjaxTest.action</pattern>
        <pattern>/ajax/remoteforms/AjaxRemoteForm.action</pattern>
        <pattern>/tags/ui/ajax/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/chat/ajax/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/hangman/ajax/*</pattern>
        <pattern>/nodecorate/*</pattern>
    </excludes>

    <decorator name="main" page="main.jsp">
        <pattern>/*</pattern>
    </decorator>
    <!--<decorator name="panel" page="panel.jsp"/>-->
    <!--<decorator name="dashedBox" page="dashedBox.jsp"/>-->
    <!--<decorator name="printable" page="printable.jsp"/>-->
</decorators>

//where sitemesh filter is enabled as seen here in /WEB-INF/web.xml by
// /* in url-pattern
    <filter>
        <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
        <filter-class>com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>
 <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>sitemesh</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

//assuming if you have sitemesh or any other filter make sure you disable from //excludes e.g.
 <!-- pattern>/scripts/*</pattern -->

anyone ?
Martin