Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com> on 2020/04/17 15:46:41 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] IoTDB Weekly News (2020-04-10~2020-04-17)

Dear community,

I am very happy to share with you again the IoTDB weekly news.

Amazing, this week has combined 30+ PR, 10,000+ code changes.
More discussion is sent to mailing list in the hope that more people would have a vote on the IoTDB development.

Have a good weekend.

[Best wishes]
1. Don't be stingy with your ideas. Be an active part of the email discussion and let's make progress together
2. Share your test process and results more often, so that we can know more details together

[Big event]
1.Welcome to the discussion of new features:
  [1]Optimize TsFile Metadata
  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ref7ac6f17422dac128a02e14570aef564744cbbf56091cb80e4faf6d%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
  [2]Timeseries Tags/Attributes management
  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r6c0cef2753ec65fcfd7ac4cdc6c1c2908c059afa83fd0f5f85965495%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E

2.Add new Group By Fill, support `(start-excluded, end-included]` and `[start-included, end-excluded)` time range format in group by

3.re-implement the feature of `fill [previous, <time interval>]` clause,time complexity O(n) -> O(1)

4.Over 10 performance improvements, and bug fixes, documentation etc

Distributed Version:
1.#958 [IOTDB-351] Serialize raft log
2.#1018 [IOTDB-348] add show plan
3.#1027 [IOTDB-348] add SetTTLPlan, DataAuthPlan and DeletePlan
4.#1051 [IOTDB-526] Support some metadata queries

Thanks
---
Dawei Liu

Re:[ANNOUNCE] IoTDB Weekly News (2020-04-10~2020-04-17)

Posted by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com>.
大家好,
很开心又一次与大家分享 IoTDB 社区周报。

真的不可思议,这周大大小小总共合并了 30+ PR,10,000+ 代码改动。
同时我们在邮件列表进行了更多的讨论,希望更多人拥有对IoTDB发展的投票权。

祝周末愉快

[一周寄语]
1.不要吝啬你的想法,积极参与到邮件讨论,我们一起进步
2.多多分享你的测试过程及结果,让我们一起更加了解每一个细节

[本周大事件]
1.欢迎参与新功能的讨论:
  [1]TsFile 元数据索引优化
  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/ref7ac6f17422dac128a02e14570aef564744cbbf56091cb80e4faf6d%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
  [2]时间序列标签属性管理与查询
  https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r6c0cef2753ec65fcfd7ac4cdc6c1c2908c059afa83fd0f5f85965495%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E

2.新增 Group By Fill 查询, group by 查询支持`(开始, 结束]`和`[开始, 结束)`两种不同时间区间格式

3.重新实现`fill [previous, <time interval>]`子句 ,复杂度 O(n) -> O(1)

4.超过10项性能改进,以及其他的 bug fix,文档等等..

分布式版本:
1.序列化 raft 日志
 #958 [IOTDB-351] Serialize raft log
2.增加 show plan
 #1018 [IOTDB-348] add show plan
3.支持更多查询计划
 #1027 [IOTDB-348] add SetTTLPlan, DataAuthPlan and DeletePlan
4.增加部分元数据查询
 #1051 [IOTDB-526] Support some metadata queries

Thanks
---
Dawei Liu