Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2010/12/30 20:31:25 UTC

Still can't edit document on lenya.zones.apache

Hi there,

I would like to remove the binary package related section (not done for
2.0.x) on the release management page
(https://lenya.zones.apache.org/cms/docu/authoring/docu/rm.html)

The error is :
unknown element "document" (line 1, column 98)

Someone can please take care of it (or says how to process) in order to
update this page and writes some things on V3.

Thanks,
Have good lasts days of 2010 !

++

Re: Still can't edit document on lenya.zones.apache

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Am 30.12.10 22:13, schrieb Richard Frovarp:

[…]

>> ((
>> PS : another point : seems to not receive the mail of diff as usual...
>> maybe because not published or my cause my slow internet connexion.
>> ))
>>

> True. I can look at it over the weekend. I think Andreas said he
> upgraded Tomcat, so it may be missing the mail.jar and activation.jar
> files.

Thanks for the pointer. I added the JARs now. Still no messages, though.
Nothing in the logs either. Need to investigate as soon as I find the time.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Still can't edit document on lenya.zones.apache

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.

On 12/30/2010 10:13 PM, Richard Frovarp wrote:
> On 12/30/2010 02:57 PM, florent andré wrote:
>>
>> The XML/1998 have to be added to the forrest/document one.
>> document node have to be like this :
>> <document xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/document/v20"
>> xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace">
>>

> I don't think you needed the XML/1998 one.

don't work with just one of them. I tested both.

>> BUT :
>> After edit, I try to submit it (I have to do this for publishing right
>> ?), and I have :
>> * Exception during commit or rollback: null (see logfiles for details)
>>

> It probably still saved. Not sure why docu throws that error.
>
>> ((
>> PS : another point : seems to not receive the mail of diff as usual...
>> maybe because not published or my cause my slow internet connexion.
>> ))
>>

> True. I can look at it over the weekend. I think Andreas said he
> upgraded Tomcat, so it may be missing the mail.jar and activation.jar
> files.

Thanks, we have to have a well working instance for us.

>>> As of right now, lets leave V3 stuff of the site until we make some
>>> decisions on this list.
>>
>> Yes sure.
>> My idea for V3 is to begin to write things / idea and work together
>> directly on the website in a non published way.
>>
>> When pages are clean and satisfied all, publishing it.
>>
>> IMO it's more clean and readable than wiki, we do the stuff directly for
>> the target and - the more - we work with the cms we build ! :)
>>
>> Just a though, no definitive position on it.
>>

> Sounds good. The advantage of the wiki is that it is open to everyone,
> whereas the unpublished items on the site are only open to a few.

Yep, but just a few seems to be interested in now, most of devs are
already in (I think), and anyone can be added on when ask (right ?).

++

Re: Still can't edit document on lenya.zones.apache

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Am 30.12.10 22:13, schrieb Richard Frovarp:

>> BUT :
>> After edit, I try to submit it (I have to do this for publishing right
>> ?), and I have :
>> * Exception during commit or rollback: null (see logfiles for details)
>>

> It probably still saved. Not sure why docu throws that error.

The XML diff threw an NPE when one node had a namespace URI and the
corresponding node from the old revision didn't. Should be fixed now.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Still can't edit document on lenya.zones.apache

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com>.
Hi Richard,

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
On 12/30/2010 01:31 PM, florent andré wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I would like to remove the binary package related section (not done for
> 2.0.x) on the release management page
> (https://lenya.zones.apache.org/cms/docu/authoring/docu/rm.html)
>
> The error is :
> unknown element "document" (line 1, column 98)
>

> Someone can please take care of it (or says how to process) in order to
> update this page and writes some things on V3.
>
> Thanks,
> Have good lasts days of 2010 !
>
> ++

Some of the pages don't pass validation because of a namespace missing
or an element being off. Pages that have been recently worked on would
well work. I usually just open up the main page and compare between it
and the page I'm trying to update. The ones with problems would have
been brought in from our old system and haven't been updated since.