Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by nichunen <ni...@mininglamp.com> on 2015/06/12 14:06:16 UTC

Error when creating cube with specified aggregation groups

Hi,

I have a quesion when creating my cube after setting the aggregation groups.
Suppose a table test_agg(a int,b int,c int,d int), I set the agg. group with [[A,B],[A,C],[B,D]], get an error message("Failed to deal with the request: Find duplicate spanning cuboid 8 from cuboid 10Find duplicate spanning cuboid 8 from cuboid 10"). If I set it as [[A,B,D],[A,C]], the cube can be saved.

I don't understand the work flow with com.eagleolap.cube.cuboid.CuboidScheduler.getSpanningCuboid(long cuboid) quite well.

Could you please explain it to me?

Thanks

Best Regards,

George/倪春恩
Software Engineer/软件工程师
Mobile:+86-13501723787| Fax:+8610-56842040
北京明略软件系统有限公司(MiningLamp.COM)
北京市昌平区东小口镇中东路398号中煤建设集团大厦1号楼4层
F4,1#,Zhongmei Construction Group Plaza,398# Zhongdong Road,Changping District,Beijing,102218

Re: Error when creating cube with specified aggregation groups

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
Seems a big bug.. I've opened JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-843

By theory, [A, B], [A, C], [B, D] should yield below combinations basically:
A,
AB

AC

BD

Will dig and see why it does not work.

Thankfully the two groups works. Not many is using three groups as I know.