Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mark Brucks <br...@arlut.utexas.edu> on 2002/04/22 18:34:00 UTC

file access

I'd like to know what file access protocol is being used by Xerces to
retrieve non-local files.  The URL for both the file and the DTD are of the
the one Xerces is running on.

The reason I'm asking is that we just moved our XML repository from an NT
server to a Solaris server.  On the NT server, we had to enable anonymous
FTP to enable Xerces to get access to the files (before we enabled
anonymous FTP we got FTP login errors - after enabling it things worked
fine).  After the move to Solaris, everything continued to work AOK.
However, our system administrator says that anonymous FTP is disabled on
our Solaris box (and indeed, trying anonymous FTP fails).

The NT error messages indicated that Xerces was using FTP, but with it
working now under Solaris with anonymous FTP turned off I can't understand
what is going on.  Can somebody enlighten me about what Xerces is using to
get to these files?

Mark Brucks