Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Khalil Mejdi <kh...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/03 14:40:24 UTC

Kylin, Druid and Grafana?

Hello Kyliners

[My Problem]
Apache Kylin is a powerful OLAP, and such a thing always needs something to
show and display its power in a beautiful way, We are using Grafana and we
all know that grafana is a thing and I believe both working together would
be something amazing, I looked around to see if there is a possibility to
use Kylin as a datasource but nothing i could reach, Grafana supports TS
queries and Kylin cannot afford such a thing...

[My thinking]
I was thinking about linking Apache druid (since it can be used as
datasource on Grafana) , and Kylin together with hive or something like
that through Druid, I am not sure if that is possible and that is my
question!

Is it possible to do such thing?
Is there a backdoor or something similar?

ps: Our current state is sensors sending data to a PostgreSQL database
subsequently an ETL to extract, transform, load data into a PostgreSQL data
warehouse and databases are linked to Grafana.

Re:Kylin, Druid and Grafana?

Posted by nichunen <ni...@apache.org>.
Hi Khalil,

Good topic! As I know, there is no plugin for Kylin in Grafana currently.

And for your thinking, I think there is no plugin or adaptor in Druid for linking with Kylin as a source now.

Maybe other friends have better ideas, I’m waiting for their replies.

Best regards,

Ni Chunen / George