Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io> on 2016/06/02 03:29:57 UTC

Re: How to write Connect logs to file?

For Connect we use a different filename, connect-log4j.properties, just as
the tools use a tools-log4j.properties. Note that this is just the default
from the connect-standalone.sh or connect-distributed.sh scripts. You can
also override that by setting the KAFKA_LOG4J_OPTS environment variable to
include "-Dlog4j.configuration=file:path/to/log4j.properties".

-Ewen

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 3:22 AM, Anish Mashankar <an...@systeminsights.com>
wrote:

> How to write Kafka Connect logs to a rolling file? It runs in a distributed
> environment. Adding a log4j.properties file doesn't seem to work. What are
> other ways I could do the same?
>
> --
> Anish Samir Mashankar

Ewen