Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Kasun Indrasiri <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/20 18:50:21 UTC

EDI with Camel?

Hi,

What's the recommended way to doing EDI related transformations? The
current recommendation[1] is to use Smooks but given that Smooks project is
under maintenance, what's the plan for going forward?

[1] https://camel.apache.org/edi.html

- Kasun

RE: EDI with Camel?

Posted by "Blume, Karsten" <Ka...@hermes-ottoint.com>.
Hello Kason,
we use freemarker templates.
Which is fine for us and the result is easy to test.
Regards
Karsten

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

EDI is very broad and it depends a bit what data formats and protocols
you are using. Sometimes you can use Bindy or even CSV etc.
But for the more complex EDI mappings, then there is no good and
maintained open source project that is for free. So what we can
recommend is to look at Trace Transformer, which has Apache Camel
integration in their EDI transformation tools, they have a ton of
protocols and formats supported.

https://www.tracefinancial.com/transformer

--
Claus Ibsen