Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/11 11:23:02 UTC

Re: Experimentation around dependency analysis

My experimentation has now taken the form of a project on source forge [1].

I currently have an ant task that validates that a compile path is minimal.
I plan to add a report that help to identify why a library is used,
add support to analyze runtime dependencies and integrate that with
maven.

For my tests, I also experimented a little bit with ant-unit.  I have
written a small Junit 4 wraper arround an ant-unit tests.  It is still
very limited, but I found it useful to run and to debug the ant tasks
from my IDE like I can debug my "classical" unit tests.

[1] http://deco-project.sourceforge.net/

--
Gilles Scokart

Re: Experimentation around dependency analysis

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
My first idea was to put the code in the ant sandbox.
But one of the objective is to help/encourage maven user to publish
better quality pom.  So, I felt that starting from the ant sandbox was
not the really adapted.

I also tought to the Apache labs.  But I was fearing to be blocked
there : labs project are not allowed to release, and I think that I
will need to release something if I want to attract maven and ivy
users.

So, I made a Belgium compromise...  I choosed sf.net.  But this choice
is certainly not carved in stone.

2008/11/11 Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>:
> On 2008-11-11, Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My experimentation has now taken the form of a project on source
>> forge [1].
>
> Looks interesting.
>
> I'm not questioning your choice of sf.net, but I hopw you know that
> Ant's sandbox is open for you as well.
>
> Stefan

Gilles Scokart

Re: Experimentation around dependency analysis

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.