Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sipungora <ko...@yahoo.de> on 2011/05/01 03:48:31 UTC

How access classes from war dependency?

Hi,

I have a war-dependency. Its classes are arranged in war/WEB-INF/classes/.
How should I configure my pom, that I can access they?

I assume, they should be copied from war/WEB-INF/classes/ into
mywar/WEB-INF/classes/,  but I don't know, how my pom should correct be
configured.

this is a config of maven-war-plugin

			<plugin>
				<configuration>
					<warSourceDirectory>war</warSourceDirectory>
					<webXml>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
					<dependentWarExcludes>WEB-INF/lib/*</dependentWarExcludes>
					<archive>

						<manifestFile>war/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
						</manifestFile>
					</archive>
				</configuration>
			</plugin>

and this is the war-dependency:

		<dependency>
			<groupId>${groupId}</groupId>
			<artifactId>test</artifactId>
			<version>${version}</version>
			<type>war</type>
		</dependency>

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards.
-sipungora.

Re: How access classes from war dependency?

Posted by sipungora <ko...@yahoo.de>.
Thank you Dennis.

I will later write, if it works. --

Re: How access classes from war dependency?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
On 2011-05-01 03:48, sipungora wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a war-dependency. Its classes are arranged in war/WEB-INF/classes/.
> How should I configure my pom, that I can access they?
>
> I assume, they should be copied from war/WEB-INF/classes/ into
> mywar/WEB-INF/classes/,  but I don't know, how my pom should correct be
> configured.

For that to work you need to use a feature in Maven WAR Plugin that is
called overlays. That will "overlay" the dependant WAR on top of your
current project's WAR.

See
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin/examples/war-overlay.html

> this is a config of maven-war-plugin
>

> 			<plugin>
> 				<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> 				<artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
> 				<configuration>
> 					<warSourceDirectory>war</warSourceDirectory>
> 					<webXml>src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml</webXml>
> 					<dependentWarExcludes>WEB-INF/lib/*</dependentWarExcludes>
> 					<archive>
>
> 						<manifestFile>war/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> 						</manifestFile>
> 					</archive>
> 				</configuration>
> 			</plugin>
>
> and this is the war-dependency:
>

> 		<dependency>
> 			<groupId>${groupId}</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>test</artifactId>
> 			<version>${version}</version>
> 			<type>war</type>
> 		</dependency>
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Best Regards.
> -sipungora.

Dennis Lundberg

Re: How access classes from war dependency?

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Should happen automagically if you declare a dependency to it in your war
project. Use the standard compile scope for the dependency.

/Anders

Posted by sipungora <ko...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Anders,

Posted by sipungora <ko...@yahoo.de>.
Thank you, Anders.

I'll try this to do. --

Re: How access classes from war dependency?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I don't simple known where I should ask this. Besides Anders has proposed me
> this idea. I've thought that he can help me further.

stackoverflow.com
javaranch.com
forums.oracle.com
forums.terracotta.org
or try the User Forum for whatever j2ee container you are using
(glassfish, weblogic, jboss, etc)

Wayne

Re: How access classes from war dependency?

Posted by sipungora <ko...@yahoo.de>.
Wayne Fay wrote:

>> If I debug 1-st war and then 2-nd one, I see that 2-nd war also goes into
>> row 5. So both wars works with different objects.
>> Can you explain me how can I solve this?
>
> This is not the right place to ask such questions -- we are Maven
> experts, not j2ee war classloader experts. You probably need to use
> some tooling like Terracotta to achieve a server-wide (or even
> cluster-wide?) singleton.
>
> Wayne

Thank you Wayne.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sipungora <ko...@yahoo.de>.
Rick Genter wrote:

> I don't think you can do this. I think each war is in its own class
> loader; effectively each web application is in its own space. There may be
> ways to configure your app server to share information between wars, but
> frankly the whole concept smells of bad design.
> --
> Rick Genter

Thank you for explanation Rick, but what would be in this case a good
design?

Posted by Rick Genter <rg...@interactions.net>.
On May 5, 2011, at 2:44 PM, sipungora wrote:

> I've done this, as you've explained me here. But I have one problem yet. If
> I save data in jar object from 1-st war for the 2-nd war, the 2-nd war
> cannot acces they. My object is the singleton.
>
> 1	protected static Controller controller;
> 2
> 3	public static Controller getInstance() {
> 4		if(controller == null) {
> 5			controller = new Controller();
> 6		}
> 7		return controller;
> 8	}
>
> If I debug 1-st war and then 2-nd one, I see that 2-nd war also goes into
> row 5. So both wars works with different objects.
> Can you explain me how can I solve this?

I don't think you can do this. I think each war is in its own class loader; effectively each web application is in its own space. There may be ways to configure your app server to share information between wars, but frankly the whole concept smells of bad design.
--
Rick Genter
rgenter@interactions.net

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Interactions Corporation
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to the Interactions Corporation. This e-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and
any printout. Thank You.

Re: How access classes from war dependency?

Posted by sipungora <ko...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.