Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Len, Peter" <pl...@orionsci.com> on 2001/03/22 10:17:16 UTC

General Architecture

Hello,

I am running into an issue with my general architecture.  I use Tomcat
as my middle-tier.  The java code will spit out my HTML form in the
browser.  No problems there. The problem comes in using the HTML
textarea fields.  There is a limit to how much a user can enter in these
fields.  Our client wants the browser front-end and has asked for
several fields where the user can enter alot of data (e.g. a history
field).  They have already bumped up against this text limit and are
asking for a solution.  I have to believe others have bumped up with
this issue before.  I am just wondering if anyone else has come up with
a solution to this HTML limitation while still using the browser (e.g.
not switching to a VB, Java front end).

I know this is not specifically a Tomcat issue and I apologize, but if
anyone has run into this issue and have tried to solve it I would
greatly appreciate your insight (good or bad).

Thanks,

Peter Len