Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2001/09/13 10:51:24 UTC

Different jar versions

Hi,

first of all: thanks for your really great work at the avalon project!

I justed looked at the released versions of the avalon framework
and excalibur (both 4.0):
The avalon framework uses the b3 of the logkit.
Excalibur uses a version from 2001-09-10 of the logkit and
a developer version of the framework from 2001-08-23.

I personally want to use official release (for Cocoon 2),
this means avalon framework 4.0, excalibur 4.0 and the
soon-to-release version of the logkit 1.0. Is this safe,
or is it better to use the developer version of the
framework included in avalon?

What is your recommendation for using those projects?

Carsten

Re: AW: Different jar versions

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:47, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > We will be releasing LogKit RSN (Peter where are we with that?)
> > and we will be releasing Framework 4.0.1 after that (with some
> > minor updates).

It is already togo but I don't have time to go through and verify everything
till Sunday prolly ;(

> Will there be also an excalibur 4.0.1 release with included LogKit 1.0
> and framework 4.0.1 ? (I am +1 on this)

sounds like a good idea.

--
Cheers,