Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Michael Doerfler <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2004/09/10 14:49:48 UTC

svnadmin verify problems

Hi subversion team.  We have recenlty started having problems with
subversion 1.0.6 on windows 2000 that has rendered subversion unusable.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

The client will type in the command "svn update" and get a message "No
transaction named '1q' in filesystem 'C:/svnrepos/cms/db'

I'll stop the apache service that is used to access the server and go to the
server and run "svnadmin listxns cms" and there will be no transactons.

I'll then run "svnadmin verify cms" and it will verify revision 0 and 1 and
then spit out the message "svn: No such string 't6'".

Our current revision is 45 and I can't do the command "svnadmin dump cms -r
45 >cms.dump"  I get the message "svn: No transaction named '1q' in
filesystem 'cms/db'.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Re: svnadmin verify problems

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Michael Doerfler wrote:
> Hi subversion team.  We have recenlty started having problems with
> subversion 1.0.6 on windows 2000 that has rendered subversion unusable.
> Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> The client will type in the command "svn update" and get a message "No
> transaction named '1q' in filesystem 'C:/svnrepos/cms/db'
>
> I'll stop the apache service that is used to access the server and go to
> the
> server and run "svnadmin listxns cms" and there will be no transactons.
>
> I'll then run "svnadmin verify cms" and it will verify revision 0 and 1
> and
> then spit out the message "svn: No such string 't6'".
>
> Our current revision is 45 and I can't do the command "svnadmin dump
> cms -r
> 45 >cms.dump"  I get the message "svn: No transaction named '1q' in
> filesystem 'cms/db'.
>
> Thanks for your help!

Your repository has somehow become corrupted.

Consider restoring from backup.

If you put a zipfile of the repository on a web/ftp site and email me an
URL, I'll assess how bad the damage is, and attempt recovery.

Max.