Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org> on 2010/12/22 18:43:35 UTC

maven bundle plugin 2.2

Hi,

I just changed the aries build to using the maven bundle plugin and my
build has gone from 30 minutes to 12 minutes.

I'm extremely suspicious about such a speed improvement, but our tests
appear to be passing. Am I right to be suspicious?

Alasdair

--
Alasdair Nottingham
not@apache.org

Re: maven bundle plugin 2.2

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 12/22/10 12:43, Alasdair Nottingham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just changed the aries build to using the maven bundle plugin and my
> build has gone from 30 minutes to 12 minutes.
>
> I'm extremely suspicious about such a speed improvement, but our tests
> appear to be passing. Am I right to be suspicious?

Hard to say. I'd be suspicious just to be safe if I were you.

I'm not sure if Peter did any performance optimizations in the new
releases of bnd. The main reason I wanted to update bnd was because of
changes to how it calculates whether it should import an exported
package. The old version always imported your exports, but this one
tries to be smarter.

Not sure if that would result in any performance improvement.

-> richard