Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Thomas Bernhard <tb...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/23 18:29:41 UTC

JIRA <-> dev list not in sync?

It looks like JIRA and the dev lists are not in sync.
E.g. many comments to JIRA issues won't be displayed on the dev list (and
unless people apply for "watch issue" than comments might slip unobserved).

I'm not sure on what criteria this happens: just saw that some of my isues
got
comments, but weren't diplayed on the dev list - but may other issues have
comments on the dev list too.

Thanx,
Tom.

Re: JIRA <-> dev list not in sync?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Done

Re: JIRA <-> dev list not in sync?

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.

Re: JIRA <-> dev list not in sync?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: JIRA <-> dev list not in sync?

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
The decision to only send newly-created JIRA issue to the dev mailing
list was intentional, but I've been thinking about bringing it up
again for the last week.

I'd like to see things set up so that all updates to JIRA issues are
posted to the dev list by default.   This is how it's done in the
other Apache projects I've participated in (struts, MyFaces, Shale,
Velocity).

Failing that, I'd like to at least have the ability to subscribe to a
mailing list where they are posted automatically.  Maybe this is
already possible and I've simply overlooked how to do it.