Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2007/04/16 01:40:50 UTC

Re: [Solr Wiki] Update of "SolrSecurity" by ErikHatcher

I added a wiki page to flesh out common security-related concerns
regarding Solr.  I was recently asked by a client about Solr's
security, specifically about cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
Intuitively I know there is little or no room for concern given that
Solr is firewalled off in my use of it, and that the administrative
UI has had fixes in this area long ago.

Beyond that specific concern, I think it is important for us to flesh
this wiki page out with more details on issues and how they are
addressed, such as what tweaks folks make to web.xml to protect
Solr's admin UI and update handlers, and even down to the document
level on how applications address document-level security for
environments where users roles and rights need to factor into which
documents (or perhaps even specific fields of documents) are no visible.

Thoughts?  If so, let's get them on the wiki so we can readily point
technology decision makers to it.

Thanks,
	Erik