Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by George Genovezos <Ge...@Copart.Com> on 2015/12/08 17:34:41 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_Proxy and Mod_Evasive

Hi all,

I’m trying to redirect block and redirect traffic with Mod_evasive and mod_proxy.

I can get either one of those components working individuals, but when both are combined only mod_proxy appears to be working with this config.

proxy.conf

ProxyPreserveHost On
    ProxyRequests On
  <Proxy *>
    Order allow,deny
        Deny from none
    Allow from all
  </Proxy>
ProxyVia On

 ProxyPass / http://apache.org/
 ProxyPassReverse / http://apache.org/

/usr/share/doc/mod_evasive-1.10.1/test.pl always returns OK

it’s as if mod_proxy is redirecting and the request never gets to mod_evasive

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_Proxy and Mod_Evasive

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi George,

What version of mod-evasive are you using? From the path that you provided
for test.pl (please use tools like siege or ab instead) it seems very old
(last changelog 2005 for Apache 1.3). Have you tried to use a newer version
(unofficial branches for 2.X are on github)? Moreover, what
settings/directives did you put in your httpd.conf related to mod-evasive
(LoadModule, DOS*, etc..)?

You can also take a look to http://opensource.adnovum.ch/mod_qos/

Luca