Posted to user@metron.apache.org by "Yerex, Tom" <to...@ubc.ca> on 2020/03/24 21:57:00 UTC

Connecting Metron to Elasticsearch with credentials

Good afternoon,

Our Elasticsearch install requires credentials to connect over port 9200. Has anyone set up a connection between Metron and Elasticsearch using credentials and/or can offer some guidance on how to achieve this?

Cheers,

Tom.

RE: Connecting Metron to Elasticsearch with credentials

Posted by "Yerex, Tom" <to...@ubc.ca>.
Thanks for your response, for reference by anyone reading this -- we are using an external Elasticsearch installation, i.e., an installation not managed by Ambari or part of the Hadoop cluster. The documentation tripped me up until I got my head wrapped around the layout.

For anyone in the future, we seem to be making hay with the following link:

hxxps://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/HCP1/HCP-1.6.1/administration/content/adding_x-pack_extension_to_elasticsearch.html

Stay safe,

T.

On 2020-03-25 01:03:36-07:00 stephane.davy@orange.com wrote:
Hello Tom,

For now I cannot reach my Metron setup because of covid19, but as far as I remember there is nothing special here, you have the login / password fields available to configure your credentials in Elasticsearch definition.

What is your trouble?

Posted by st...@orange.com.