Posted to dev@lens.apache.org by Amareshwari Sriramdasu <am...@apache.org> on 2015/03/27 07:07:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] Plan for next two releases

Hi all,

Starting this thread to discuss plan for what we should focus on next two
releases. 2.1 can be called out with whatever went in as of now and
stabilize that. I will send out different discuss thread for 2.1 release.
This thread is mainly for 2.2 and 2.3.

Here are some of the features/improvements, I'm putting out some
significant features and improvements to start with :

   1. Ability to load different instance of same driver class : LENS-123
   2. Add scheduler service : LENS-124
   3. Estimate query execution times : LENS-135
   4. Query submission throttling : LENS-192
   5. Add Druid driver : LENS-127
   6. Improve query statistics and come up with indicative queries for
   analysis : LENS-28 and LENS-193
   7. Make the query language suitable to integrate with BI tools.
   8. Allow multiple expressions for expression-column : LENS-122
   9. Union across tables in cube rewriting : LENS-204
   10. Support to query streaming data stores : LENS-251
   11. Allow timed dimensions of cube to be non-partitioned columns as well
   : LENS-198

Please add to the above if you are looking for some features or willing to
contribute. Let us discussion on the feature itself on the jira. We can add
the above to wiki. Will do that after a consensus.

Thanks
Amareshwari

Re: [DISCUSS] Plan for next two releases

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

I like the features set.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Plan for next two releases

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.
Jaideep,

Are you still volunteering for 2.2 release? I think its time to plan for
2.2 release.

Thanks
Amareshwari

Posted by Jaideep Dhok <ja...@inmobi.com>.

--
-
Jaideep Dhok

receipt.

Re: [DISCUSS] Plan for next two releases

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Jaideep Dhok <ja...@inmobi.com>.
Off the top of my head -

--
-
Jaideep Dhok

receipt.

Re: [DISCUSS] Plan for next two releases

Posted by Sharad Agarwal <sh...@apache.org>.

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.
Can you create jiras if they are yet created and point them here- for
everyone to go over them?

Thanks
Amareshwari

Posted by Jaideep Dhok <ja...@inmobi.com>.

--
-
Jaideep Dhok

receipt.

Re: [DISCUSS] Plan for next two releases

Posted by Sharad Agarwal <sh...@apache.org>.
yes, lets create individual jiras for each of these.

Posted by "amareshwarisr ." <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jaideep Dhok <ja...@inmobi.com>.
Hi,

--
-
Jaideep Dhok

receipt.

RE: [DISCUSS] Plan for next two releases

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.