Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "Anil Kumar, Anumakonda" <an...@profitera.com> on 2001/06/28 14:13:28 UTC

Urgent(is there any limit for the size of data which can be trans ported through SOAP)

Hi ,

If  i send huge data through SOAP(hashtable which contains a lot of data), i
am getting this error.
Is there any limit for the size of data which can be transported through
SOAP. How to over come this problem.
I am using SOAP 2.1.

SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=No Deserializer found to
deserialize a 'http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema:ur-type' using encoding
style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No Deserializer found to
deserialize a 'http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema:ur-type' using encoding
style 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'.]

Thanks & regards,
Anil Kumar

Re: Urgent(is there any limit for the size of data which can be transported through SOAP)

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
I was getting the same problem using Apache SOAP 2.1 and Xerces 1.2.3 and
1.3.0.  Debugging led me to believe that Xerces was at fault, but I never
tracked it down to any particular code within Xerces.  However, I got past
this by moving to a nightly build of Apache SOAP 2.1 that supported JAXP and
switching to Crimson for the parser.  With Apache SOAP 2.2, I have continued
to use Crimson.

I do not know how you will be able to fix this without moving to a newer
version of Apache SOAP.  Earlier versions only work with Xerces.  While
Xerces 1.4 may fix the problem, I do not think that prior to Apache SOAP 2.2
there is any support for that version of Xerces.

Scott

Posted by Kumar Raj <ku...@india.hp.com>.
Hi !

You can find this addressed in the Trouble shooting section
of the v2.2 doc.

Regards
Kumar Raj