Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jason Lane <ja...@root10.net> on 2004/06/14 12:24:01 UTC

JDO Questions

Hi list,

just a quick question regarding the Sun JDO libraries. I've downloaded
jdo-1_0_1-ri that contains:

btree.jar
jdo.jar
jdori-enhancer.jar
jdori.jar

OK I assume that all I need to get the OJB samples running is jdo.jar &
jdori.jar? What about the other jar files? Should I include this in my
WEB-INF?

Many thanks all

Jason Lane

Developer
Root10 developments

http://www.root10.net

Re: JDO Questions

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 14.06.2004 16:36, Jason Lane wrote:

>>> btree.jar
>>> jdo.jar
>>> jdori-enhancer.jar
>>> jdori.jar

> I get this error when I try to run the XSP sample:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
> ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): javax.jdo.JDOUserException: Object not
> PersistenceCapable.
> FailedObject:org.apache.cocoon.ojb.samples.bean.Department@b71125
>
> Any ideas what could be causing this? I get the same with 2.1.4 and 2.1.5

The class was not enhanced. Therefore you need to run JDOEnhancer which
is probably in jdori-enhancer.jar. But the jar is not needed at runtime.

Joerg

Re: JDO Questions

Posted by Jason Lane <ja...@root10.net>.
On 14 Jun 2004, at 11:41, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Jason Lane dijo:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> just a quick question regarding the Sun JDO libraries. I've downloaded
>> jdo-1_0_1-ri that contains:
>>
>> btree.jar
>> jdo.jar
>> jdori-enhancer.jar
>> jdori.jar
>>
>> OK I assume that all I need to get the OJB samples running is jdo.jar
>> &
>> jdori.jar? What about the other jar files? Should I include this in my
>> WEB-INF?
>
> Nope. The only needed jars are jdo.jar and jdori.jar. The others are
> not
> needed at all.
>
> more info: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=OJBBlock

Thanks Antonio,

I get this error when I try to run the XSP sample:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate(): javax.jdo.JDOUserException: Object not
PersistenceCapable.
FailedObject:org.apache.cocoon.ojb.samples.bean.Department@b71125

Any ideas what could be causing this? I get the same with 2.1.4 and
2.1.5

Many thanks

> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo