Posted to dev@atlas.apache.org by Sarath Subramanian <sa...@apache.org> on 2017/08/03 00:36:47 UTC

0.8.1 release of Apache Atlas

Atlas team,

A number of improvements and issues have been addressed since we released
Apache Atlas 0.8.

I propose that we make a release of Apache Atlas 0.8.1 - our first release
after graduation, which includes critical fixes and improvements back
ported from master branch.

112 JIRAs have been resolved -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ATLAS%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.8.1-incubating%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-2016?jql=project%20%3D%20ATLAS%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.8.1-incubating%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20DESC>

Some of the improvements:

   1. Move from Guice + Spring framework for dependency injection to using
   only Spring framework.
   2. Export/import support to copy data between Atlas instances.
   3. REST end-point to update classification attributes.
   4. UI enhancements – lineage, attribute search filter, ability to search
   historical data.
   5. Support KNOX SSO Token based authentication on Atlas REST API calls.
   6. Enhance DSL query to support "like” operator.
   7. Basic search improvement in use of Solr index for attribute filtering.

Please share your comments and thoughts.

Thanks,
Sarath Subramanian

Re: 0.8.1 release of Apache Atlas

Posted by Nixon Rodrigues <ni...@freestoneinfotech.com>.
Thanks Sarath for heads-up on upcoming 0.8.1 release.

Missing ATLAS-1766 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ATLAS-1766> *Update
Atlas to use new KafkaConsumer API * in list,  I have tagged the fixed
version label 0.8-incubating to it.

+1 for 0.8.1 release.

Nixon