Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2]" <ka...@micron.com> on 2018/01/09 16:18:25 UTC

processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics

Hello All,

I was going through SystemDiagnostics json for populating custom metrics for our NiFi instances and came across the fields  availableProcessors and processorLoadAverage in the Json. From the documentation I understood that it is the underlying hardware's processor (number of cores) count. But for the processorLoadAverage, I'm not yet clear on how this metric is calculated by NiFi and what factors it considers in doing so. Can anyone please explain me how this is measured and is it the average for just one core (one processor) or is it aggregation on all available cores?

-Karthik

Re: [EXT] Re: processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Karthik,

No, the JVM does not supply this information. You'd need to use some other host-level monitoring service, such as Ganglia, to gather that kind of info.

Thanks
-Mark

Posted by "Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2]" <ka...@micron.com>.
Mark,