Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/29 00:25:20 UTC

[m2] WHere can I find a list of all the standard maven properties?

I am actually looking for something like ${project.home} as I have multiple
modules, and want to reference a file in the project root.

Mick Knutson

http://www.baselogic.com
http://www.blincmagazine.com
http://www.djmick.com
http://www.myspace.com/mickknutson
http://www.myspace.com/djmick_dot_com
http://www.myspace.com/sexybeotches
http://www.thumpradio.com
---

Re: [m2] WHere can I find a list of all the standard maven properties?

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.
If you want to reference resources from child builds you should make
a shared jar to include these files and reference them through the
classpath in child projects.

Andy

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
In short, you can't. There are some good reasons for this -- Maven
does not require nor expect that you are always building all modules
in a project, so its not necessarily true that ${project.home} or
${parent.parent.parent} style references will always refer to anything
useful. You could just as easily be building only one of the
sub-sub-submodules of a parent, and not have any other files from the
project checked out of SCM.

Why don't you tell us more specifics about what you want to do, and
perhaps there is a better way to achieve the same goals using a
Maven-friendly technique.

Wayne