Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Douglas WF Acheson <do...@bpsserver.com> on 2006/04/25 15:28:23 UTC

Deploying 3rd party artifacts with mvn deploy:deploy-file

Hello,

  I am (really) new to Maven (using maven 2), and having trouble with a
few things regarding deploying 3rd party artifacts to a remote
repository (owned by me).  I would like to deploy an artifact to my http
server (using apache) using the http protocol.  Accroding to my
understanding I would do something like this:

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DartifactId=spring-mock \
 -Dfile=spring-mock-v1.2.4.jar \
 -DgeneratePom=true \
 -DgroupId=org.springframework \
 -Dversion=1.2.4 \
 -Dpackaging=jar \
 -Durl=http://10.0.0.200/repository \
 -DrepositoryId=dwfa

I tried this and got a 405 response, which sorta makes sense to me as I
do not have a cgi (or something of the like) application to receive the
artifacts and store it in the correct location.  So my question is, is
there such a server-side process to handle this?

Secondly, I thought I would try using scp to push the artifacts to the
location where the http server is serving up the repository.  I tried
the following:

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DartifactId=spring-mock \
 -Dfile=spring-mock-v1.2.4.jar \
 -DgeneratePom=true \
 -DgroupId=org.springframework \
 -Dversion=1.2.4 \
 -Dpackaging=jar \
 -Durl=scp://www@10.0.0.200:/home/www/repository/html \
 -DrepositoryId=dwfa

I expected to be prompted for the password for the user www, but I was
prompted for my password, hmmmm.  So my question is, how do I specify
the uid and password or key (for ssh) for this goal?

BTW, I have the file protocol working -).

I have searched through the mailing list and did not find any articles
that could help me (prolly entering wrong keyword search).

I am using maven 2.0.4, running under Linux FC4

Douglas WF Acheson

Re: Deploying 3rd party artifacts with mvn deploy:deploy-file

Posted by Douglas WF Acheson <do...@bpsserver.com>.
Hello,

  I have added the <servers> element and appropriate inner elements (at
least I think I did) to my settings.xml - thx for the help.  But, I am
still being prompted for my password.  I want to use a different uid not
the one I am logged in with.  Here is my settings.xml file

<settings>
	<servers>
		<server>
			<id>scm.bpsserver.com</id>
			<username>scm</username>
			<password>somepwd</password>
			<filePermissions>444</filePermissions>
			<directoryPermissions>755</directoryPermissions>
		</server>
	</servers>
</settings>

This is the output:

linux: mvn -e deploy:deploy-file
-Durl=scp://scm@scm.bpsserver.com:/data/maven/repository
-DrepositoryId=bpsRepository -DgeneratePom=true
-DartifactId=acegi-security -DgroupId=acegi -Dversion=v0.7.0
-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=acegi-security-v0.7.0.jar
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'deploy'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Quick Start Archetype
[INFO]    task-segment: [deploy:deploy-file] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] [deploy:deploy-file]
Password for dwfa@scm.bpsserver.com: linux:

I just do not understand what I need to do to use a different uid :-(
Thx again for all the help ...

Douglas WF Acheson

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.