Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Balu Vellanki Bala <bv...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/08/05 17:38:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release candidate RC3 of Apache Falcon 0.10

Hello Everyone,

This is the call for vote for the following Release Candidate RC3 to be
released as official Apache Falcon 0.10 release. This RC3 addressed

* feedback provided for RC0
* fixed bugs FALCON-2104 and FALCON-2107 found in RC1.
* LICENSE and NOTICE issues found in RC2.

The source tar ball, signature and checksum files can be downloaded from
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-falcon-0.10-sources/

You can find the signing key here :
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xF743ABF42E887C76

You can find the KEYS file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/falcon/KEYS

To verify signature:
gpg --verify apache-falcon-0.10-sources.tar.gz.asc
apache-falcon-0.10-sources.tar.gz

Git tag commit-id for the release : release-0.10-rc3
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=falcon.git;a=commit;h=1305486202f
8d3d8cdef9b9921686aaca8717b72

We have closed around several JIRAs as part of this release, the details
of which can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334758&sty
leName=Html&projectId=12314429

Please find the release notes with brief explanation on key changes at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-2098
Note: The hyper link 'migration instructions' under section-5 is set to
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/falcon/site/0.10/MigrationInstructions.htm
l this link will only be available post release, once the Falcon
documentation site is updated. At this moment, it will not work.

This vote will remain open for at least 72 hours. Please vote on releasing
this RC3

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

+1 from my side

Thank you
Balu Vellanki

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate RC3 of Apache Falcon 0.10

Posted by Pallavi Rao <pa...@inmobi.com>.
+1

Checksums OK
Signature OK
Build OK

On Sat, Aug 6, 2016 at 12:37 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

> +1
>
> Legal files OK
> Checksums and signatures OK
> Build OK
>
> Regards
> JB
>

> On Aug 6, 2016, 08:33, at 08:33, Raghav Kumar Gautam <ra...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >+1
> >
> >Signature - OK
> >Checksums - OK
> >Build & test - OK
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Raghav.
> >

> >On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Sowmya Ramesh <sr...@hortonworks.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> +1
> >>
> >> Build and tests- OK
> >> Signature - verified
> >> Checksums - verified

> >be

> >from
> >>
> >>https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/falcon/apache-
> falcon-0.10-sources/

> >> commit;h=1305486202

> >details
> >> version=12334758&st

> >at
> >> MigrationInstructions.ht

> >releasing

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate RC3 of Apache Falcon 0.10

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <vr...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.  Thanks for persisting and creating this RC Balu.  Thanks Srikanth and Ajay for fixing and reporting the license update.

Venkat

Posted by Raghav Kumar Gautam <ra...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Sowmya Ramesh <sr...@hortonworks.com>.